1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

displaying targets

Discussion in 'Primary' started by takethatno1fan, Dec 8, 2011.

1. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

how do you display your class's targets? I want to come up with alternative ways than just displayed on a board.

2. takethatno1fan

takethatno1fan New commenter

how do you display your class's targets? I want to come up with alternative ways than just displayed on a board.

3. Mine are on Velcro on a target board so the children can move their name closer to the centre, They seem to like it.

4. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

On supply I've seen a few things.
    In a Year 5 class, each child had a laminated target card stuck in to their book with string (so it's visible whatever page they're writing on). Targets they've met are ticked, the one they're working to has a star (WB pens used so can be altered as necessary). Child knows current target and their next one.
    In year 1, something similar, but handwritten targets specific to each child (rather than a generic set with each child on a different one).

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Another supply here; I've seen them displayed on leaves on a Target Tree, on balloons and on a ladder.
    Other ideas would be on parcel labels attached to a gift parcel (opened to reveal a success certificate), a race track with cars/trains etc or something related to the current topic.

6. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Smear them on in chocolate sauce, in the style of a dirty protest.