1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Display letters

Discussion in 'Primary' started by shoesies, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I have got to that point where I am sticking my displays up and I am stuck with the lettering.
    Having moved to a new school I have found they don't have any stencil letters (shock horror!), I still would like to cut out letters individually for displays rather that have full pieces of paper up.
    Does anyone know any good styles or sites where I could get letters from to cut out and laminate for the displays (10 display boards this year... a whole lot of lettering!!)

Thanks

Shoesies

2. I've been printing out the lettering I want, in the font I want on work. If you choose the outline function then you don't waste a lot of ink. I cut out the computer lettering then cut it out of the colour I want (if I haven't already printed it on the colour I wanted)
    My school does have wooden letters, but I find this much better as I have many styles to choose from. The only downside is that it can be wasteful of paper, so I try and get all the letters I need on a4 sheets, then enlarge them to a3 if I want them larger.

3. I just use powerpoint and word art, then enlarge it, format the wordart and change the background colour (you can use a pattern or a picture as the letter filling too which is nice sometimes) and resize them. Can be tricky to make them all the same size when using lots of different pages though.
    I then cut these out, laminate and bang up. Depends how quick you are with PPT though, i find it much quicker than cutting out etc.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

5. Also
    http://www.instantdisplay.co.uk/free.htm
    http://mrspancake.com/index.php/doodads/show_one_category/category/literacy/

6. Thanks guys, some excellent ideas.... will get on with lettering now.... thanks, especially found instantdisplay.co.uk impressive!

Shoesies x

7. Hi, my husband and I have our own FREE teaching resource website. Below I have included a link to our display lettering resources; hope you find it useful. If you have a request for display lettering please just contact us through the site.
    Many thanks,
    Zoe
    http://www.primarytreasurechest.com/display-lettering.html

8. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I use instant display mainly for my lettering. But I've only just discovered treasurechest and they are fab as well.

9. Thank you so much Minnieminx :)
    If you have any display lettering requests, please just contact us through the site.

10. ****** has loads of amazing display lettering...although it'll take ages to print, laminate etc.

:)

11. TeachingTerry

TeachingTerry New commenter