1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Display ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by yoitsjo, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I am moving to a new year group in September (Year 2) and am trying to plan my display boards. I have my topic board, pshe board, vcop and phonics boards up and sorted but have two more boards that I would like to be literacy and numeracy based.
    During the Autumn 1 we focus on place value, addition, subtraction and bridging ten in numeracy...I was thinking of perhaps displaying numbers to 30 and sticking the appropriate base ten next to each number and leaving space for some of the children's work. But does anybody have any more creative ideas? The children printed using base ten when I was in Year 1 and that looked effective but that's been done now!
    Literacy is information texts...does anybody know of any good display resources linked to this genre? Posters etc?
    I've usually got lots of ideas for my display boards but I think being in a new year group has thrown me a bit and this classroom has lots more display boards than my last! Hope you can help!

2. Hi everyone,
    I am moving to a new year group in September (Year 2) and am trying to plan my display boards. I have my topic board, pshe board, vcop and phonics boards up and sorted but have two more boards that I would like to be literacy and numeracy based.
    During the Autumn 1 we focus on place value, addition, subtraction and bridging ten in numeracy...I was thinking of perhaps displaying numbers to 30 and sticking the appropriate base ten next to each number and leaving space for some of the children's work. But does anybody have any more creative ideas? The children printed using base ten when I was in Year 1 and that looked effective but that's been done now!
    Literacy is information texts...does anybody know of any good display resources linked to this genre? Posters etc?
    I've usually got lots of ideas for my display boards but I think being in a new year group has thrown me a bit and this classroom has lots more display boards than my last! Hope you can help!

3. Does your topic have information books suitable for Year 2? If so I would link this to my literacy and base a display on that book and the work produced. What is your topic?

4. Yes, thank you, it is linked to our topic. Just wondered if anybody knew of any general posters for information texts really. Looking more for a creative maths display!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Have a look at several other threads on the first couple of pages of the primary forum, there have been a few lately about displays and there are some great links to sites that will give you ideas.

6. I have done, thank you :) Nothing seems quite right. Will keep thinking! Thanks for taking the time to reply!