1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Display fishing net

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by tinyschool, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I am thinking of hanging some fishing net from the ceiling in my classroom, to hang things from. Has anyone done this already and if so where did you get some strong net from? Is there a particular type people have used?
    Thanks for your help :)

2. We use football nets.
    Really strong. Big but can be cut down. Fab!
    Get them from sports shops, PE catalogues, eBay etc
    :)

3. On a semi-related note - I saw an utterly fantastic display (not least in terms of a total lack of mounting work required) using a fishing net... the kids had written messages in a bottle, they'd done the usual staining them with coffee to make them look old thing and then had put them, rolled up but pointing outwards, into empty pop bottles which had been put into the fishing net which was stapled onto the wall - so you could see the writing inside the bottles... with a few bits of crepe paper "seaweed" and the like it looked fantasically eyecatching... and since I hate mounting work onto backing paper - it definitely appealled!