1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Display boards?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clairyoung, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Hi everyone

A bit of a strange request really!

I am hoping to find a new display board for my classroom. I just want the usual fibreboard type stuff that you screw into the walls. We've looked everywhere for it and just can't find it!

Does anyone know what it's called or where I might get it from? We've asked at B&Q, our local suppliers and other schools and no-one knows where you can get it from or even what it's actually called!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

C x

2. Hi everyone

A bit of a strange request really!

I am hoping to find a new display board for my classroom. I just want the usual fibreboard type stuff that you screw into the walls. We've looked everywhere for it and just can't find it!

Does anyone know what it's called or where I might get it from? We've asked at B&Q, our local suppliers and other schools and no-one knows where you can get it from or even what it's actually called!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

C x

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We got ours from the local joiners merchant, not the big chains because, as you say, they have no idea! They came and fixed it to the wall too!

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Ply board would do. Go to your local builders merchants and look what's there. They'll cut it to the right size for you and maybe deliver.

5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Isn't it particleboard? I'm sure that's what we asked for. Mind you, the joiner is a previous pupil of the school so that helped!

6. funambule

funambule New commenter

It used to be called Sundela once upon a time;don't know if it is still manufactured.[​IMG]

7. Yeh, sundeala it is. Bought some many years ago from a builders merchant. Easy to cut to size and lasted for years.