1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Display advice please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by AmberJ, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Hope you're enjoying the Easter break so far. I'm currently putting together a Castles display and I would like the background to be similar to that of a castle wall. Has anyone any idea how I could go about this please? I did consider using a sponge in the shape of a brick and printing them on. Any advice would be great.
    Thank you in advance.
    x

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

I've done this. I got the children to paint big sheets of paper grey. Then they cut out stone shapes and we built the castle on the wall as if we were building a real castle. Good fun and it looked great.

4. P.S gretta444
    How did you ensure that the stones fitted together? I'm guessing that they were different sizes.

5. I have done the sponge printing effect before. It was effective and went down well. It has the added bonus that it doesn't take too long to do!
    Have used all sorts of effects like this on odd occasions, such as stars for space, clouds etc.