1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dispatches on Channel4: Muslim Schooling

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon432, Jun 6, 2011.

1. It would be better if your rant was original rather than a general purpose rant, copy/pasted from your older rants, spammed around the internet.

2. I have 20 mins before dinner requires my further attention so taking your points in order:
    Dispatches is an investigative documentary programme. It isn't interested in moderate acceptable places so it isn't filming in my local primary nor in one of the not-overly-abundant tolerant, liberal Muslim schools. It's picked this one because its precepts will most probably be unacceptable to a majority of watchers, and it feels it reflects common practice closely enough to withstand accusations that it just selected an extreme example.
    I live in Leeds. I have taught in predominantly Muslim state schools in Bradford, and the school I work at now (not as a teacher) has a majority Muslim roll. I think you'll find that the reason the depressed Northerners aren't making more of an effort to mix with the people they have lived cheek-by-jowl with now for 50 years is that the Muslim population has made so little effort to inetgrate with them. The black African Caribbean population in Leeds suffers no such segregation despite also being concentrated in fairly specific parts of the city because they spoke the language or made an effort to learn it and did not seek to separate themselves further by making their women stay indoors, sending their kids to separatist segregated schools, clinging to their native dress or demanding that laws be changed to accommodate their religious and cultural practices.
    It is not illegal to smack your own children. It is illegal to smack someone else's if you are employed as their teacher. The law in this country does not allow you to delegate the task to either the school or the mosque. Don't like it, know what to do.
    how many Muslims have I bothered to get to know? To tolerate? To understand?
    Dozens, maybe hundreds. Pleasant, educated, stupid, irritating, clever, kind, nasty in exactly the same proportion as people I know of any other religion, but deluded in a more determined way. Is my experience.
    Indeed the OT is full of hate, spite, violence and prejudice. But Jews and Christians in this country have managed to move out of the Iron Age into the light. Feel free to join them. No other faith school, and I disapprove of the existence of them all, is on record as preaching hate except for Muslim ones. Given that we have been at war on and off for 30 years with countries whose Muslim terrorists have done so much harm in the name of their religion, perhaps you can see why Dispatches might have been a little uncomfortable with the discovery.
    Islam is the only system that welcomes people of all colour, creed, class, status, race and background
    I would take exception to the inclusion of "creed".
    Muslim community sees the West as decadent and immoral. They will see West as morally bankrupt animals, needing to be trained.
    May I suggest that this extremist minority (though in that quotation you do make it sound like errrr... all of them, is willing to put up with it for the many fringe benefits that accrue from living in this decadent and immoral society? Not in any rush to get back to a nation where they can have it as Islamic as they like, are they?
    Your last paragraph leads me to suspect that you in fact not Iftikar Anyone but Tyson Sh1tforbrains, BNP voter of this parish, who is posting this drivel to make Muslims sound as blinkered, purblind and stupid as he possibly can, and has succeeded admirably.

3. Iftikhar Ahmad seems to be fully in favour of complete segregation in schools, not just for muslims but also for black people.
    "Iftikhar Ahmad wrote:
    08 June 2011, 06:00PM
    Report this post
    Salaam Black children need state funded schools with black teachers as role models during their developmental period. There is no place for a non-black child or a teacher in a school. IA http://www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk"

This was a response to a Children and Young People Now article on teacher expectations of black children, specifically those of black caribbean heritage. Strangely enough CYP Now have, in less than 24 hours, already deactivated the account, probably on account of the baltant racism displayed.
    To me Iftikhar's views and suggestions have uncomfortable similarities to apartheid.

4. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I can only speak for myself but I treat chickens with respect and tolerance, as I do all winged creatures.

5. <font size="2" face="Arial">The staff at Gendale Primary in Pollokshield, where Muslim children are in majority, are being asked to look for signs of radicalisation. It is an increibly worrying development. We cannot have a culture of teachers spying on Muslim children as young as five. Racism is very ripe in Scottish schools and society. Muslim and other minority children have been victim of racism in all walks of life. LAs and schools are trying their best to hide this issue under the carpet. Hardly any body was convicted or imprisoned by the Authorities. What do you expect from Muslim youths when they have been victim of racism through out their development periods. Now Muslim youths are vicitm of terrorism. Thousands of them are being searched in streets and hundreds of them are behind the bar without any trials. </font>
    British schooling has been producing young Muslims full of anger, frustation and extremism, thanks to state schools with non-Muslim monolingual teachers. British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racist. They are not role models for bilingual Muslim children during their developmental periods.
    British schooling and the British society is the home of institutional racism. BNP, EDL and all other main political parties are the true photo of the racist British society. Why not NATO and all the other WATCH DOGS group impose sanction on England, for not doing anything to tackle the racism in their Country. These so-call organisation can interfere with the Middle East Countries, to rape the people of their OIL ! but cant do anything about the racism and exploitation of minority groups in England. When these society oppress some groups, and unleash the monster them, and the people retaliate, then they call them terrorist ! need some serious pro-action instead of reaction.
    A HEAD teacher who subjected staff, governors and parents to a torrent of racist and rude abuse has been banned from teaching. Simon Parker, the former head of Coppice Primary School, in Manford Way, Chigwell, called a supply teacher a "black *****" and pulled his eyes sideways in an impression of a Chinese nursery adviser. Because of racism in British schooling, Muslim children are unable to develop self-confidence and self-esteem, therefore, majority of them leave schools with low grades. Racism is deeply rooted in British society. Every native child is born with a gene or virus of racism, therefore, no law could change the attitudes of racism towards those who are different. <font size="2" face="Arial">
    <font size="2">There are hundreds of state and church schools where Muslim children are in majority. In my opinion, all such schools may be opted out as Muslim Academies.
    </font></font>

6. Well said.

7. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

What utter rubbish. I can't believe these rantings.
    I'm sorry, I taught in a school like you mention. In that school, like in any other, some children excelled, some children were average and some children didn't make much progress; and like with all children, <u>home</u> was a <u>large</u> factor in whether or not they achieved well

8. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Why should anyone bother to read your regurgitated diatribe when you make no attempt whatsoever to respond to people's comments?
    I imagine many Muslims reading this would be ashamed/embarrassed by your comments. My advice to them would be...
    Don't be ashamed of this ***.
    • He does not represent Muslims.
    • He is part of a very small minority of people: biggotted idiots (whether EDL types or Anti-Western pseudo-Muslim agenda types).
    • He seems quite desperate, and holds ideas so innaccurate/warped is almost pitiable.
    • Part of me wonder whether this is the real ifti at all. It could just as well be someone else copying and pasting his bile from his other 'site' (which incidently has had a grand total of 700 hits in the last 6 months [​IMG])
    You are clearly so mind-numbingly stupid that you have absoultely no recognition of the irony of this comment.

9. All he does is post and run - he has done this on TES previously and invariably never/rarely responds to any responses given.
    He appears to have not built many bridges neither within the Islamic community or outside of it...