1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disneyland Paris Risk Assessment

Discussion in 'School trips' started by mikelgarza, May 23, 2018.

1. mikelgarza

mikelgarza New commenter

Hello,

Would anyone have a Disneyland Paris Risk Assessment that they have completed? This is the first time my school is going and I am not very confident of getting started on this on my own!!

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Ask Disneyland. They'll have a generic RA lined up already.

3. outdooradventurer

outdooradventurer New commenter

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

And then adapt to your particular group.

5. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Disneyland will have copious documentation for risk-assessing the rides.
    You will need to focus on safety during the journey, particularly breaks at service areas and the crossing of the channel.
    While in the park, you will need to ensure that children cannot stray away from the part of the complex you are visiting and know how to find or contact you in the event of an emergency.
    It's a big place!

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

When I was school EVC I bought a cheap mobile phone (£10) and put another £10 of credit on it. Then I could issue that number to all the kids so that they could contact me if necessary. It was also useful if you had to ring a parent because then they didn't get your personal number. The phone was kept specially for trips and borrowed frequently by those running them.

phlogiston and HelenREMfan like this.
  7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Your school should have a trained EVC who is there to assist/train you in this sort of thing.

8. tmac

tmac New commenter

Just come back from day Paris Tour which included Disney with 160 kids! happy to send you my risk assessments if you have an email.

9. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Thankfully I did the French exchanges (covering a visit to Eurodisney) before the days of "Risk Assessments". The only risk I found to be present was my desire to physically and robustly remove the Spanish and other nationality kids when they were incessantly queue jumping.

10. sarabeattie

sarabeattie New commenter

Please could you send me your risk assessment have contacted Disney and they said they will reply in 5-7 days we go in 2 weeks!!
    Thanks

beddowskelly likes this.
  11. beddowskelly

beddowskelly New commenter

If you did get a risk assessment sent to you from either tmac or Disneyland I’d be interested in getting a copy too please.