1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dismissed Supply Teacher protests outside school!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by PizzoCalabro, Oct 2, 2015.

1. PizzoCalabro

PizzoCalabro Established commenter

2. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I'm not sure what Mr Clarke is trying to achieve here. He might or might not have a point about the use of agencies but that is compleletly unrelated to any connection with the school he is protesting oiutside.

The agency placed him in the school in the first place but in this case the school were not happy with his performance and choose to dismiss with his services. That does not mean the agency is at fault or even Mr Clarke who could be perfect for another school.

His protest is in the wrong place and will only ensure that his agency (and any others reading this story) will drop him like a hot potato. Its also unlikely any other school would be happy to offer him a placement.

CWadd likes this.
  3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

I agree with les25paul in that protesting in this manner will hinder him getting work. It also does not help the image of supply teachers either.

CWadd likes this.
  4. Deirds

Deirds Senior commenter

It seems school is going out of its way to be diplomatic - " glowing references".

At risk of identifying myself I have done few days for agency at the school. It's a lovely place to work.

No idea if it was same agency.