1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dismissal

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by sclark1960, Aug 9, 2016.

1. sclark1960

sclark1960 New commenter

Hi

I recently was dismissed from a school I was at for only 3 months as a senior leader, despite 15 years exemplary history at my previous school with 3 outstanding ofsteds under my belt. I have made the choice to leave teaching permanently and am seeking a change of career. However, when applications ask for most recent employment I'm stumped. If i give the address and phone number of my previous head (which i certainly didn't get on with) it will come out that i was dismissed and I'll get nowhere. Any advice/guidance please?

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

If you put this on 'Workplace Dilemmas' you are likely to get more responses.
    This 'help' is generally more for help with using the site.

If you are going into a post with anything to do with children you have to give your last employer / head as a reference. Depending on what you were sacked for, it may not count against you.

I would imagine other jobs aren't keen on a gap in employment history either.