1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dislike option

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Vladimir, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Can we please have a button to dislike people's posts. Some people just deserve disrespect, and we should have a feature to express this as we can't be rude to them in the post itself.

2. pcsmush

pcsmush Occasional commenter

I 'dislike' this idea, sorry. :p
    It will just cause arguments and it will upset people who have wrongly been 'disliked'.

I could imagine a few people using the feature as just a way to say they do not agree with another person.

JL48 likes this.
  3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Think it through, Vlad.

4. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

Agree with @pcsmush and @Vince_Ulam - sorry, Vlad....If you dislike, you could just 'ignore' :)

JL48 likes this.
  5. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @Vladimir

Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm a bit worried by this statement. I don't want to encourage people to be rude on this forum. This should be a safe, welcoming and friendly forum. I think this function would be open to abuse and could cause more harm than good.

I would follow the helpful suggestion offered by @sabrinakat.

lizziescat likes this.