1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dishwashing bottles

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by snowcloud, Mar 29, 2011.

1. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Can you do it?

2. I do occasionally on the top rack, and then Milton them after. I wouldn't put them in with anything too dirty, so I feel it's a bit wasteful, but handy when there is a backlog!

3. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Yeah, was just wondering. Do they discolour and can you put the teats in?

4. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Can you put all parts of the bottles in and the teats?

5. Yes you can but I think it might be hotter than 70 degrees for sterilising- mine is 70 degrees and I remember thinking that it wasn't hot enough according to what I'd read. My girl is 14 months now though so no need to sterilise.

6. i've just stuck them in from 12 months and he's still ok - perhaps wouldn't do it before they are 1 though.......

7. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Have dyed a few red in past...sure it's harmless!

8. Harmless but not nice IMO! I remember asking a friend, before I knew about dishwashing bottles, what was in her baby's milk that made it orange! ;-)

9. Also note that the salt in dishwasher detergents has a scouring action. This means that the markings on a lot of bottles do wear off in time with use.