1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disgusting Prime Minister using lies to stay in power...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by red_observer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. red_observer

red_observer Star commenter

Anyone getting snipets of her so called speech today should now finally realise how grotesque her speech actually was. No substance just using the anti semitism smears against Corbyn to suggest that’s why she should stay in power. Claiming austerity is over but then why was it needed considering borrowing is on the up and then lying that she’s going to build more council houses plus the low that Chequers is still alive. She’s a liar and a fraud. Never trust THIS Tory.

henrypm0 and rehaank like this.
  2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

I thought Hammond had promised us MORE austerity!?

3. red_observer

Exactly. They are all lying. Mr Goebbels would be proud of them.

Ivartheboneless likes this.
  4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I have just listened to whe whole of her speech and i didnt come across what you say Red,Snippets out of context are the subject of lies.
    She certainly is against Corbyn and him ruling,but no politician will accept a rival.
    Her outlook was one of remenissing.even if its only her or her parties view,Of praise for the health system even if she hasnt added more cash.. to telling why brexit needs to be delivered which mattered to the people and why she chose the path she wants.
    she listed the qualities our nation is today and will be.upbeat of course and recognises the talent our country has produced.

5. red_observer

Out of context? They were major parts of her speech.

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

No younger man.In context.I listened to it all...i am not yet ga ga!

7. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Her jingoism doesn't bear commenting on. Put me in mind of my cousin - 10 days younger than I - who I always thought had some brain but who is convinced that leaving the EEC will bring the "pink "map back, the golden age of British steam and bobbies back on the beat.
    All her guff designed to appeal to that kind of outdated nostalgia for us 'never having had it so good".
    Add in the attempt at the usual Tory character assassination on Corbyn - which works as the vast majority of people read the Tory and their ilk press and take the words as gospel instead of actually going to listen to what the man says.
    Oh but we can all feel reassured as she is 'human' after all...look at her dance.....

:confused:

8. cariadwch

cariadwch Established commenter

The dwindling and rapidly ageing faithful will love it. The Tories now have less members than the SNP.

emerald52 likes this.
  9. monicabilongame

DFE caught adding tuition fees to school funding claims

Ministers faced accusations of under-funding schools in England, a figure they quoted widely as evidence of high spending has been found to include billions of pounds of university fees being paid by students, rather than only government spending.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-45706603

Ivartheboneless and emerald52 like this.
  10. nomad

nomad Star commenter

FEWER! :mad:

11. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Beat me to it, Nomad! :)

12. red_observer

Didn’t say you were. Just that you are wrong.;)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  13. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Ooh!! Fight, fight, fight!!

Hee hee hee. :D

14. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I listened to the first quarter of an hour of it with the view of treating it fairly, but the sheer hypocrisy of her words when it came to the bit when she spoke of enduring Tory values, had me turn it off.

Don't get me wrong, there was once some truth in the Tory values she spoke of, but we haven't seen it in recent years. They epitomise the politics of post war eras, when politicians had no other choice than to rebuild for the returning heroes, not those of recent memory, who pandered solely to the greed of the wealthy at the expense of the poor.

I can understand why she felt she needed to harken back to bygone times to muster support, because many, even those who would traditionally been Tory supporters, see the party not only bereft of a vision of how to get the country out of the mess it created, but completely and utterly, morally bankrupt.

If I read in tomorrow's news, that taxation will return to that of the Heath era, that measures will be put in place to prevent house prices increasing and a massive house building plan for affordable homes will be put immediately into place, that private landlords will be forced to treat their tenants in the same way that social housing landlords are obliged to, that measures are put in place to cease the pretence that a university education is the only way to both obtain a career after school and is actually necessary for career progression, maybe I'll believe what she says.

The trouble is that without hearing such things are actually happening, it sounds like the sort of rhetoric a cornered rat might say to a terrier in the desperate hope of delaying its impending demise.

15. monicabilongame

16. nomad

nomad Star commenter

The Canary - just a hyper-partisan Breitbart of the Left. The Canary is an echo chamber. It has a single worldview: Corbyn’s opponents are the enemy; the Tories are contemptible, and so on. Blah blah!

Michael Deacon in The Daily Telegraph described it as the "maddest left-wing website in the world" and Private Eye commented it was a "pisspoor Corbynite clickbait factory" and a publisher of fake news.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    woollani likes this.
  17. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

I welcome May's words when she said, "some communities have been left behind. We're all worse off when any part of us has been left back." Unfortunately the words ring hollow coming from the author of the hostile environment and "Go Home" vans.

18. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

But what's that got to do with what our prime minister said herself? There will always be interpretation in the media, by right or left views. Why don't we focus on what the useless cow actually said herself?

monicabilongame likes this.
  19. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Also think that the Abba moves weee just plain freakish and referring to her goddaughter’s death was uncomfortable if not indecent. That should not have been mentioned. Entirely for political purposes, awful.

HelenREMfan likes this.
  20. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I kept hoping that JB Priestly’s Inspector would turn up on the stage and make his scathing pronouncements. ‘May and Company’ have killed Eva Smith, John Smith and most of the public sector. We are all connected but May cannot see it. But who's going to judge her? Or Bojo? Or Mogg?