1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disgusted

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Jul 25, 2015.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

The logic of the people in France who are doing this appears to be:

1. Chris Froome is winning.

2. He must, therefore, be cheating.

I wonder if they'd be applying that logic to ANYONE else who might have been leading at this point, or would their specific nationality have mitigated such behaviour.

I recall that when Jess Ennis(-Hill) won the heptathlon in 2012, some French minister or other suggested that she might have been cheating also...

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

He's also British (sort of) which doesn't help either.

4. Dangerous Bauble

Dangerous Bauble Occasional commenter

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

The French have never forgiven us for liberating them in 1945.

6. Well he was only beating them by a minute. That's hardly invincible ... I hate the way the crowds give the cyclists no space to manoeuvre. GET OUT THE WAY!!

7. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

They were also rather miffed when GB were doing so well at cycling in the olympics. dave brailsford said that our wheels were rounder, in response. :D

8. Middlemarch

I think that every time the French pop their heads up with their sour grapes accusations of cheating, we should just send them all a link to the Youtube clip of the 2012 Olympics being awarded and the crowd in Paris's reaction. It always cheers me up.

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I remember that interview with the BBC chap, Emily. I roared!! You couldn't make it up!!!

MM, I SO agree!!! The looks on their faces were wonderful!!!

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There have even been murmurs over here (am in France on my hols) that Chris has a secret miniature electric motor hidden in his bicycle frame.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

11. Middlemarch

WHY, though? It's not as if he won by any sort of huge margin!

12. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

72 seconds. And are they grousing about Quitana? No.

13. clermontfed

clermontfed Occasional commenter

That's a sweeping statement! Every single French citizen! Well I am French and am happy that he has won and no, I DON'T think he used drugs. Finally, I am also disgusted by the behaviour of a tiny number of my compatriots.

14. clermontfed

You mean the Americans, Canadians and British with the help from the French resistants liberated France. Without the sabotage of the railways lines by the resistants, the landings would have failed. Please, get your facts rights.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Careful Baubs, aspenQ will report you for racism and then the mods will have to change the picture to fluffy rabbits.

16. blazer

blazer Star commenter

They kept the date of D day secret from De Gaualle because they knew he would give it away!

17. clermontfed

Source, please?

De Gaulle did not trust Churchill one bit, especially since the latter told him that if he had to choose between the French or the Americans , he would choose the USA. Hence started the long tradition of the British answerin how high when asked by the USA to jump.