1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disgusted by H****** G******

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by segbog, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Glasgow private school - gave their staff £100 as a Christmas bonus for not striking over the pensions...

Really sickened - I would have checked the cheque back in their face...

Horrible...

2. Glasgow private school - gave their staff £100 as a Christmas bonus for not striking over the pensions...

Really sickened - I would have checked the cheque back in their face...

Horrible...

3. I suppose it depends on their "t & c's". Are their pensions going to be affected?
    Personally I couldn't care less about the bastions of the privileged.
    Come the revolution.. [​IMG]
    Seriously though, I did not expect them to strike, and I imagine they regularly get bonuses.

4. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

A number of teachers in the private sector DID take strike action. I expect the bribe was made to minimise the possible impact. Colleagues in the PS are more vulnerable in some ways and their contractual terms and conditions are different but usually based on SNCT terms in some ways.

5. There conditions are mainly the same - so we strike to defend our pensions, while they do not. They get a full day's wages and a bung in a brown envelope as well, while we stand up for ours and their rights, and we lose a day's pay. That is wrong. If a settlement is reached they will benefit. I think they want their cake and they want to eat it as well.
    If they had any principles they would donate the bung to charity. They should be ashamed of themselves.

6. They will be quick enough to grab the negotiated deal if it comes through...spineless worms.