1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion Texts - Year 5

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dav1970, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dav1970

dav1970 New commenter

Hi all
    For my final literacy topic next half-term with my Year 5s I'm doing discussion texts.
    We always 'kick off' a new literacy topic with a blind writing assignment for levelling. Has anybody got any good ideas for getting the creative juices flowing? I was thinking about topics such as Smoking, Junk Food and Exercise? Then I was going tochoose one, have a bit of debating to get ideas going then get them writing. Any thoughts appreciated!
    Thanks
    D

2. dav1970

dav1970 New commenter

Hi all
    For my final literacy topic next half-term with my Year 5s I'm doing discussion texts.
    We always 'kick off' a new literacy topic with a blind writing assignment for levelling. Has anybody got any good ideas for getting the creative juices flowing? I was thinking about topics such as Smoking, Junk Food and Exercise? Then I was going tochoose one, have a bit of debating to get ideas going then get them writing. Any thoughts appreciated!
    Thanks
    D

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide