1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss eating disorder with head?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by oldgreywolf, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Might be worth getting something in writing from your GP about stress-related illness. The rest depends on how far you trust your employer with your private life.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Totally depends on your HT and on your relationship with them.

I'd confide in my current HT, but definitely wouldn't have in either of the last two.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Indeed depends on your head teacher and your working relationship with them. There is nothing to stop you asking your doctor or consultant for a letter informing your head teacher that you are being treated. One word of caution would be whether, if this affects your attendance to work, you want to risk it being cited as a reason why you may not be fit to teach - This is for any long term or chronic condition, not just an eating disorder.

4. heidi_silver

heidi_silver New commenter

Thank u for all your help. I won't be informing her of private life then as it doesn't seem it will have a positive impact and I don't want any time off. Think I'm actually at
    My best around people who do not know and will keep it that way. X

5. I once disclosed some personal (health) information to a Head I thought I had a good relationship with. It was a huge mistake as the info was subsequently used against me. Lesson well and truly learned.