1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discrimination in Tahrir Square

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Foneypharaoh, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Hearing reporters getting hassled in Tahrir Square and that there are anti-Western feelings in Downtown, too, in the light of David Cameron's comments today, do you think there are stronger anti-Western feelings in Cairo towards ex-pats, or in England towards non ex-pats?
    Was going to put this on 'Opinion' but they are a useless bunch of know all, do nothings.
    Anyway, seriously wishing peace and harmony to embrace Egypt; as for England, what a waste of a wish that would be...
    'Hug a hoody...'

2. Hearing reporters getting hassled in Tahrir Square and that there are anti-Western feelings in Downtown, too, in the light of David Cameron's comments today, do you think there are stronger anti-Western feelings in Cairo towards ex-pats, or in England towards non ex-pats?
    Was going to put this on 'Opinion' but they are a useless bunch of know all, do nothings.
    Anyway, seriously wishing peace and harmony to embrace Egypt; as for England, what a waste of a wish that would be...
    'Hug a hoody...'

3. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Talking of 'hug a hoody' - did you see this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353713/Egypt-Pamplet-tells-protesters-wear-riot-including-saucepan-lid-goggles.html#ixzz1D10Vbycg
    Scroll down to the photos of the guys in their amazing headgear.
    This is why I love Egyptians - for their creativity and humour.

4. Mary, that's the second link you have put on that I haven't been able to access, or there is something wrong with your link.

5. Link works in Vancouver. Not sure what the hotdog hat is about

6. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Hm - I'll try again using a tinyurl - I have had problems with this site lately with stalling and so on and the 'insert link' icon on here never lives up so not sure why that is. You might have to copy and paste into your browser.
    http://tinyurl.com/6lg3rzd

Hope that works!
    Was the other link the Carrefour one? I'll try and fix tomorrow if I remember.
    Gotta love the guy with the baguettes on his ears and the bagel or whatever on his forehead!

7. He wasn't feeling well.
    Not eating properly.....