1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discover Arts Award

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by rostownsend, May 2, 2012.

1. Has anyone done the half day training for this? Is it worth the £110 being charged? How easy is it to do the Arts Award in primary school? I'd like know of your experiences please.

2. Has anyone done the half day training for this? Is it worth the £110 being charged? How easy is it to do the Arts Award in primary school? I'd like know of your experiences please.

3. Lottes

Lottes New commenter

We found Arts Award straight forward to do. I personally thought the course was only worth it because you are a validated assessor at the end of it, so it is neccessary otherwise the folders have to be assessed by another centre. It also clarified a few points.
    Are you aware of the charge per student for the award?... we do Bronze at a Secondary school which is £15 each... not sure what Primary School charge is.

4. Our primary school is at the VERY early stages of the Discovery level of Arts Award. Our curriculum is Cornerstones and I wondered if there were any other schools who have been involved in Arts Award who also use the Cornerstones curriculum. I am keen to see how we can maximise the impact of the arts within the framework of the projects.

5. I've done Arts Award training you have to do it if you're school are going to run it, it accredits you. I found it useful and students get a qualification which is great. i taught Explore but they're similar. Go for it it's another string to your bow.