1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disclosures with minor offences

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by bernstein, May 6, 2011.

1. Hi everyone. I am thinking I would love to teach in the future (well, when jobs start to exist again) but I have a problem I committed a breach of the peace, long story but police were satisfied there was no danger in my actions, any intenet to concern a member of the public, or any harm other than concerning them, but they had to act when a complaint was made. The worst outcome looks like a fine or a warning from the fiscal.
    This is a minor offence, but if it were to show on a Disclosure would it effect my consideration for either teacher training or a job at the other side? Obviously there is a wide range of offences and some would instantly rule you out, but hopefully this is my only blemish (apart from speeding which doesn't show as I paid the £60 within the time)?