1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disclosure or PVG?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by chemister, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Just looking for some advice from anyone who is starting their course this year. Are we to apply for a Disclosure check or registration with The PVG scheme? What is the difference between the 2 and how do I go about applying for the appropriate one? Thanks in advance

2. Hi everyone,
    Just looking for some advice from anyone who is starting their course this year. Are we to apply for a Disclosure check or registration with The PVG scheme? What is the difference between the 2 and how do I go about applying for the appropriate one? Thanks in advance

3. As far as I'm aware, the PVG Scheme has now replaced the old Disclosure check (why, I have no idea. I've just finished up my PGDE year and ended up having to pay for both due to the government's timing). So you should be safe to just register with that. http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/pvg/pvg_index.html has all the details :)

4. Hiya,
    Sunshinedawn is right about it replacing disclosure but the difference is that with disclosure you pay everytime you work somewhere new (but not whilst you are at uni) or everytime you take maternity leave or any other long-term leave.
    PVG is a one-off payment of £59 and when you go somewhere new you complete an update form (one A4 page) but you don't pay! [​IMG]
    Hope this helps.