1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disclosure of spent Safeguarding Warning

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by JackK1970, Jun 19, 2019.

1. JackK1970

JackK1970 New commenter

I am joining a supply agency and they ask if I have ever been subject to a warning or investigation surrounding safeguarding. I have a warning for a safeguarding incident where I was punished for an ESA verbally abusing an SEN student in the community and a member of the public reported it. I wasn’t with her at the time but was deemed “overall responsible”. It was the 1st time I’d been accused of anything in 15 years as an SEN teacher. The warning runs out on the 30th of this month and I don’t start with the agency until the 1st. Do I still have to reveal it AND will it affect my ability to work? It feels very unfair as the student wasn’t verbally abused by me and no ones life/safety was at risk and my Union told me once you’d served it it was gone never to be mentioned again! Any useful advice will be greatly received. Thanks

2. NQT08

NQT08 Occasional commenter

Will it appear on any references?
    If not, then don't mention it