1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Disadvantage Student Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Education news' started by rachblake, Oct 8, 2015.

1. rachblake

rachblake New commenter

HI,
    I'm looking to create a questionnaire for my Disadvantaged Students to undertake, focusing upon engagement in school and attitude to both self and school - I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything that was already out there that is really useful/good???
    Thanks

2. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

Don't want to pour hot water on your well-intended ideas, but you might want to think about the following:
    a) How will you initially identify your 'disadvantaged' students? School data (Ever 6 etc) perhaps?

b) How will you hand out the survey or inform your intended audience of the survey (if you create it online) without making them feel singled-out or different to their fellow pupils?

Even if you don't label the survey 'Survey to find out what effect disadvantage has on educational engagement ...' the pupils you identify will certainly want to know why you have selected them.

3. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I have a sneaking suspicion that may have been looked into before...

snowyhead likes this.
  4. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

:D

5. rachblake

rachblake New commenter

I've identified the students & intend to have them along with a number of non- disadvantaged students undertake the questionnaire, do that they aren't singled out. My intention is to measure engagement & I think I've found one I can use, thanks