1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dirty Trick on Galloway

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vladimir, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Senior commenter

Brussels Broadcasting Company play a dirty trick on Galloway. They pretended to get him in to talk about the OUT campaign but the real reason was to show people walking out when he began his speech. The lapdog of Brussels are desperate not to lose their 30 pieces of silver after Brexit. The Brussels mouthpiece is being funnelled EU taxpayers money to disseminate anti-Brexit propaganda. Servants of their corporate EU paymasters.

Grassroots_Out likes this.
  2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

The BBC is not neutral in this debate. It is to their great shame.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Shabby.

4. Vladimir

'Not neutral' is a gross understatement! The Brussels Broadcasting Company is a disgrace! Look at what has come out today, for instance, the extent to which employees, and by extension the company, ignored and enabled the actions of Savile and Hall! Thank goodness for social media for we cannot trust the BBC!

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

If you have proof of this you should present it & make a formal complaint.

But I suspect it is simply unfounded accusations.

aspensquiver_2 and sabrinakat like this.
  6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Just open your eyes. You are letting your views on the referendum block out the obvious.

7. Vladimir

They always do, Lexus, they always do! It's akin to the constant demands for facts and figures when the truth is plain to see, or the deliberate leading off on tangents about something of minor relevance, and sometimes no relevance. No doubt one of them will now ask me for evidence to back that up with facts and figures.

TheRomanReturn and lexus300 like this.
  8. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

On the contrary I listen to a lot of BBC radio during the day, and I hear efforts to allow both sides of the debate to be heard fairly every day. Complaints about bias come from those who fear they are losing the argument.

aspensquiver_2 and delnon like this.
  9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I saw this live on The Daily Politics and thought at the time that Galloway protested too much. Jo Coburn's line (is Galloway's presence a hinderance to the Out campaign) was perfectly relevant and in-keeping with the programme's general thrust of asking awkward questions. Galloway is the perfect slithery politician who only wants questions he would like to answer, and has a tantrum when it doesn't happen like that. Well tough!

wanet likes this.
  10. Vladimir

Whereas Dave is a paragon of decorum! How jejune!
    Dave has been lashing out at people in a most childish way since his best mate Bozza declined the bribes and went over to the 'Out' camp.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Corbyn-proper-suit-sing-national-anthem.html

TheRomanReturn and lexus300 like this.
  11. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

And often from both sides

12. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Completely agree with the pee person.

aspensquiver_2 likes this.
  13. Grassroots_Out

Grassroots_Out Occasional commenter

I thought he was perfectly within his rights and as to being slithery, as you put it, I thought he was very matter of fact, lucid and direct. I wish all our politicians were, Cameron especially. With him, it's nothing but slitherings and lies. Just out of interest, shouldn't you all be against Cameron? He is a Tory after all!

Vladimir likes this.
  14. Grassroots_Out

Grassroots_Out Occasional commenter

You are an impeccable judge of character, obviously!

15. colpee

colpee Star commenter

But still didn't answer the question!

16. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

The BBC is not neutral in any debate. So what's new?

Vladimir likes this.
  17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Last night, question time (for the first time) attempted to show balance in the debate. Not before time IMO. Dimbleby made a point of reference to balanced debate so the criticisms finally got through.

Vladimir likes this.
  18. TheRomanReturn

TheRomanReturn New commenter

The Brussels Broadcasting Company

Brilliant!

Vladimir likes this.
  19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

There is nothing new under the sun just another form of what went before.

Vladimir likes this.