1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Director of Admissions at a Public School

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by alfiejames1, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Hi all

I have recently seen the role of Director of Admissions advertised for a Public School in Shropshire. I currently work in industry developing and implementating strategy.
    I am interested in the role advertised, have spoken to the school and have the application pack. My question is salary expectations. This is a large sucessful school and the role is developing strategy managing the marketing PR teams and being a member of the senior management team. I have asked the school who have said this will be discussed at interview.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what the salary range is for such roles. I am currently on a salary of 70,000 and would want to meet or exceed this in any new role.
    Many thanks for your answers.

2. Hi all

I have recently seen the role of Director of Admissions advertised for a Public School in Shropshire. I currently work in industry developing and implementating strategy.
    I am interested in the role advertised, have spoken to the school and have the application pack. My question is salary expectations. This is a large sucessful school and the role is developing strategy managing the marketing PR teams and being a member of the senior management team. I have asked the school who have said this will be discussed at interview.
    Can anyone give me an idea of what the salary range is for such roles. I am currently on a salary of 70,000 and would want to meet or exceed this in any new role.
    Many thanks for your answers.

3. Well, if the school have any common sense they would not interview someone whose salalry expectations are way out of their price range.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My feeling is that you will probably not meet or exceed this.
    A Bursar of a large school would, or someone in charge of fund-raising for a big project, but probably not a Director of Admissions.
    On the other hand, if you indicate your salary on the application, then they will only call you to interview if they are interested despite what you earn, i.e. if they think that you might be worth shelling out the money.
    Best of luck!
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com
    There is also another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of the above and for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!