1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

directed meetings during PPA

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Sassyfrassy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Can we be directed to attend meetings during PPA time. We're being told it's okby the school as the meetings are about things such as assessment or planning (or rather management looking through our planning and giving feedback).

2. Can we be directed to attend meetings during PPA time. We're being told it's okby the school as the meetings are about things such as assessment or planning (or rather management looking through our planning and giving feedback).

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

5. MarkS

MarkS New commenter

Even bigger NO!

6. Huge no. From a HT (and union rep).

7. coppull

coppull New commenter

Give them a copy of School Teachers' Pay Conditions Document 2010. If they cannot find the infomation. Suggest to them they give some money to charity because they have clearly made a mistake.[​IMG]

8. Thanks for all the replies. Any chance anyone could tell me which paragraph to look for?

9. 63.8 is the most relevant within the main body and the following para from the Guidance to the National Agreement Section of the Document explains the principle behind it:
    100. Guaranteed PPA time must be used for planning, preparation and assessment – these duties are contained in the relevant paragraphs of the Document. The time must not be encroached upon, including by any obligation to cover for absent colleagues. It is for the teacher to determine the particular PPA priorities for each block of guaranteed PPA time, although that does not preclude them from choosing to use some of the time to support collaborative activities.

10. Thank you very much. I've found the relevant paragraphs and have my printer at the ready.