1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dinosaurs.

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by tinkeranabell, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Can any one suggest some good non fiction books about Dinosaurs for reception children? Any about their size etc? I am planning for the children to look at different dinosaurs after half term. We will look at how big they were and the childrne will compare them to how big they are.
    Also can you suggest any activities around the theme of dinosaurs?

So far I have; searching for dinosaur bones and sorting them, designing and making dinosaurs, finding dinosaur eggs and writing about what might be in them.

Thank you!

2. Can any one suggest some good non fiction books about Dinosaurs for reception children? Any about their size etc? I am planning for the children to look at different dinosaurs after half term. We will look at how big they were and the childrne will compare them to how big they are.
    Also can you suggest any activities around the theme of dinosaurs?

So far I have; searching for dinosaur bones and sorting them, designing and making dinosaurs, finding dinosaur eggs and writing about what might be in them.

Thank you!

3. I can send you a dinosaur board game that made. It can be used to practise reading, spelling, number work etc.
    margaret2612@btinternet.com

4. Dinosaur Roar talks about different types of dinosaurs, small/big, spiky/smooth etc. Very good book and kids love it! x

5. I've just put some dinosaur posters (off my website) up on the resource section - they cover the basic facts and might be useful to you. Not sure how long they take to show up!

6. I've just finished a dinosaur theme last half term. The most successful things were making a 'sockosaurus' (a sock puppet decorated with googly eyes, sequins, pipe cleaners and felt shapes and glued on using glue gun) each and singing along to prehistoric animal parade with them, and making a dinosaur island volcano from paper maché to sit in our tuff spot surrounded by sand and scraps of coloured fabric, a plastic bucket, some toy dinos, some pot plants, some green cushions and some copies of the Harry and his bucketful of dinosaur stories. all great fun.

7. We made a pantasaurus...this went down well with the children, we also did a dino dig and made our own bones (dough) which we excavated from the sand tray. We also froze plastic dinos in ice and chipped to get them out and made a dino swamp with green jelly!