1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dilemma!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by senlady, Mar 19, 2016.

1. senlady

senlady Senior commenter

When the oiks (children) STILL have at least 3bars each left in their Christmas selection boxes and they have each won a large Easter egg in a tombola today AND they each have a medium Easter egg from one set of grandparents waiting for them in the utility room AND they are going to be with the other grandparents on Easter Sunday, it is wholly acceptable to munch our way through their left over selection boxes... Yes????

What can I say? they're not big on chocolate??! (well, they forget about it and I don't offer it often!)

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Of course you can eat it. It would be a sin to waste it!! :D

When my daughter was 6/7, she won one of those large eggs often found in Easter raffles. She didn't like chocolate that much, preferring those highly scented chews of a variety of colours that the Lord in his wisdom, never designed to taken by mouth! Obviously, to help her out, I had to eat it!! :D

senlady likes this.
  3. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

They still have chocolate left from Christmas?! Mine ate all of theirs before breakfast on Christmas Day :eek::oops:

Dragonlady30 and senlady like this.
  4. CedricDaniels

CedricDaniels Established commenter

Makes state interference with diet look acceptable.

5. senlady

senlady Senior commenter

Ah, see maybe they really aren't that big on chocolate, the first things they ate out of their stockings was the apple and Satsuma :eek: Not like me at all!

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Oh go on .... You're doing them a favour. Might even get a badge from Jamie Oliver.

senlady likes this.
  7. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Eat it. Though I suppose you should be asking THEM. Not us.

Obviously apply a bit of emotional blackmail.

"Darlings, you know how much it'll cheer me up, don't you?"

Dragonlady30 and senlady like this.
  8. Camokidmommy

Camokidmommy Established commenter

Move it. Wait a week (if you can) and if they don't notice you can eat with no guilt. Having looked forward to it for a WHOLE week! Believe me it takes all the guilt away!

9. senlady

senlady Senior commenter

It actually drives me a little demented that they get bought so much and don't eat it as it often heads towards my belly! I may use it for baking with them, that's an alternative route to my belly as well as theirs!

10. senlady

senlady Senior commenter

Thankfully the blighters are fast on so would be none the wiser, for now I'm gonna soak in the tub with my vino and see if I require chocolate afterwards!

11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I think mine just liked the novelty of having so much in front of them that it didn't occur to them that they could eek it out :) They don't get sweets very often.

12. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

It is always acceptable to take chocolate away from children.

You are doing them a favour as you are protecting their health and stopping them from becoming obese.