1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dilemma!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Nimstar, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Any advice for my dilemma??
    I have just submitted an online application for a teaching post, a day earlier than I was expecting to get it completed - and just reaslied that I put tomorrow's date on it rather than todays.
    Should I:
    1) Proactively send an updated form with the correct date (today)
    2) email and ask if they want me to do 1)
    3) forget about it and hope it's not an issue
    1) and 2) both draw attention to the fact I made a stupid mistake but 3) could also been seen as me being careless and not noticing if they do spot it...
    I'm new to this job seeking lark and appreciate that even the smallest thing can make the difference between shortlisting or not.
    Thanks,
    Nim

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Are the school on holiday? If so they won't look at it until next week anyway, so won't even notice.

If it was me, I'd do nothing at all.

3. If the application is due tomorrow and you've put tomorrows date on it then it doesn't (or really, REALLY) shouldn't matter.

The people that matter (i.e. whoever's in charge of selecting applicants) mightn't even look at the applications until tomorrow (or even the weekend so they can contact successful people on Monday or Tuesday next week) as that's when they'll ALL be in).

(Also, it's Easter holidays, so the email might not be checked until next week anyway).

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I also wouldn't worry about it.

5. Thanks all for the replies - the close date is 18th April so I'm early, so perhaps they won't print the applications off until then anyway.
    I'll leave things as they are - I jsut felt awful at making such a stupid error when applying for a teaching job... I'd checked the date as I finished it but it had literally just gone midnight so was already today and I added another day again. Doh!