1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Digital cameras for primary schools

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mowerman, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Can anyone recommend a good, robust digital camera suitable for use by primary school children? The PTFA has agreed to fund seven, based on a quote we had for £40 each, but these are now unavailable. We are looking for something long-lasting at a similar price, or slightly more.

2. Can anyone recommend a good, robust digital camera suitable for use by primary school children? The PTFA has agreed to fund seven, based on a quote we had for £40 each, but these are now unavailable. We are looking for something long-lasting at a similar price, or slightly more.

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

We've just bought 15 new ones - a class set based on 2 children sharing one. I'll find out what they were and let you know.
    A few tips though -
    Try to get a half-class set that can be booked out. Much more use than getting one per class (which I assume you're doing, seeing as you're getting seven - apologies if I'm wrong!).
    Get ones that have a rechargeable battery pack that is plugged into a dedicated charger. Much better than faffing around with rechargeable batteries or finding new batteries.
    Get a set of memory card readers that can be plugged into laptops or PCs so children can upload their pics really quickly, without needing to find leads or run the battery down whilst uploading.

4. Have you recommended any yet?