1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Difficult Form Group!!

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by joejoe2011, May 23, 2012.

1. I really want to be able to do something with my tricky form to bring them together more and help them care for something together. At first I thought about getting a class pet, but realistically this is going to be very difficult, time consuming and a pain when it comes to school holidays and half terms.

I was thinking instead of maybe getting them to plant and grow a herb garden with the incentive that once it is grown, they research recipes and we bake something using the herbs as the ingredient? Does anyone have any ideas of anything they have done along these lines which has been successful?

Thanks so much,

Joe

2. Joannanna

Joannanna New commenter

My last form were difficult for me (they're angelic for their new form tutor!) but I found the only thing which ever brought them together was charity fundraising. They loved it. It helped I think that the causes we raised money for were really close to home for them, but it did bring them together.