1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Differentiation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by DiscoBec, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of help on differentiation with a mixed Year 1/Reception class. My school has just been through an inspection and differentiation has been listed as one of our recommendations. I feel that I differentiate quite well in Maths and KUW etc, but find it hard to differentiate writing (other than through outcome). For example, I know that some of the children in my class are only just ready for mark making and need lots of adult support to keep them on task, where others are able to write with reasonable independence. Either way, they're all presented with a blank piece of paper and then support is provided to those who need it most.

I'm new to the Foundation Phase, having taught juniors for the last 8 years and would like some ideas on differentiating writing tasks for the three abilities. Or at least ideas on how to make it clear that I am making provision for them in my planning. This week we're looking at letter writing so any help will be very gratefully received!

Thanks

2. Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of help on differentiation with a mixed Year 1/Reception class. My school has just been through an inspection and differentiation has been listed as one of our recommendations. I feel that I differentiate quite well in Maths and KUW etc, but find it hard to differentiate writing (other than through outcome). For example, I know that some of the children in my class are only just ready for mark making and need lots of adult support to keep them on task, where others are able to write with reasonable independence. Either way, they're all presented with a blank piece of paper and then support is provided to those who need it most.

I'm new to the Foundation Phase, having taught juniors for the last 8 years and would like some ideas on differentiating writing tasks for the three abilities. Or at least ideas on how to make it clear that I am making provision for them in my planning. This week we're looking at letter writing so any help will be very gratefully received!

Thanks