1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Differentiation Year 5 instructions

Discussion in 'Primary' started by polly2, Jan 15, 2011.

1. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Hi I am just planning my observation lesson for Tues. All the chn will be writing a set of instructions but I am struggling with differentiation of all things. One group is going to be working with me in guided work, but I have no TA on Tues so the rest need to be independent. Now I thought I would restrict the lower groups to writing maybe six instructions and provide them with a frame that shows how they should be set out as well as a word mat for instructions. My top group I will encourage to use interesting time connectives, imperative verbs etc. Its my middle group I am struggling with. It seems that differentiation by outcome is not acceptable at my place.

2. polly2

polly2 New commenter

Its ok I think I have sorted it - bottom group - diagrams and stepped instructions.
    Middle - Restricted number of instructions with writing frame.
    Top - expectation for clear written instructions, using a rane of verbs etc.

3. hi
    if you're still undecided, then on the priamry framework there is a path (somewhere) for progression in different text type genres.