1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

differentiation that works

Discussion in 'English' started by dew_a_change, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Hi,

Can anyone share any ideas on differentiation that really work with G+T as well as low ability students?
    How do you show good/outstanding differentiation in your lessons/planning to meet ofsted criteria?

Currently i'm using success criteria, AFL strategies, changing pace of lessons and varying activities to keep students engaged and so that work is accessible, as well as differentiated worksheets.However, not sure this is enough.

I want meet ofsted criteria for good/outstanfd practice in this area. Any thoughts would be appreciated

2. We have the PLTS on card size handouts and I dispense these to pupils in any given lesson. So, for example, 'Managing Impulsivity' wouldbe given to a child who needs to be focused; 'Persistence' to someone who gives up easily etc.
    We also highlight specific PLTS on the PPT along with Must Could and Should.

3. ela86

ela86 New commenter

What is PLTS??

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Personal Learning & Thinking skills.