1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Different story - same author Help needed please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by boakleesk, Jan 30, 2011.

1. I am going to do this unit after half term - the general theme of the term has been and will continue to be space. Does anyone know of any authors that do space stories - year 1 / 2. I really would like this element of literacy to gel with my overall theme.
    Thanks

2. I am going to do this unit after half term - the general theme of the term has been and will continue to be space. Does anyone know of any authors that do space stories - year 1 / 2. I really would like this element of literacy to gel with my overall theme.
    Thanks

3. Man on the Moon - Simon Bartram

4. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

'Aliens Love Underpants' by Clare Freedman, followed by 'Aliens in Underpants Save the World'. Great rhymes & rhythm and very silly indeed. Any book that contains the word pantstastic gets my vote!
    'Martian Rock' by Carol Diggory Shields is another great rhyming story. Covers the whole solar syatem and has some facts in there too.
    'Here Come the Aliens' by Colin McNaughton - another silly one but with very suitable punchline for that age group. Might trigger some good art/DT ideas for designing their own aliens.
    'Man on the Moon' and other Bob books by Simon Bartram.
    Any of the 'Astrosaurs' stories by Steve Cole for a longer chapter stories.
    Maybe 'Q Pootle 5' books by Nick Butterworth? Might be too young though.

Can you tell that I have a young son? Ask me about Pirate books next!

5. thepinkrachael

thepinkrachael New commenter

The Way Back Home and How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers.

6. Thank you everyone - perfect. I will have a look at some of them this week and make a decision. Just glad that there are some books out there that I can use.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

can't remember the title or the author's name but one of my favourites is the one about the alien family who come to earth and go to a zoo to photograph a human being. They end up snapping a chipanzee. It's so funny that I can't tell it without giggling.
    Can anyone help?

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

Make a decision? Surely you'll read them all?
    I would...

9. ^^obviously I will read them all - but the theme has to be "different books by the same author" - I can't go mad on lots of different books by different authors - kind of defeats the object really !!! LOL.

10. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

I'd forgotten about those two - lovely books :)

11. EcoLady

EcoLady New commenter

Sorry! Meant to quote Way Back Home & How to Catch a Star.