1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Different Song Books for KS1+KS2

Discussion in 'Music' started by sparklepig2002, Feb 23, 2012.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

have a look at
    www.kidsmusic.co.nz
    I use several of their books-you can get them off Amazon.Each comes with a cd and are really fun to use. The kids love them.

2. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Echo Fred and Jump, Jive and Improvise are my favourites, but they are all very good.

3. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference Occasional commenter

Try www.onemoretime.biz
    Some of the things on the website are a bit "different" such as "Pull Together" which can be personalised as a whole school song and "Let Me Be Me", an anti-bullying song and teaching pack. Both these are really popular with both KS1 and KS2.

4. have you tried www.redheadmusic.co.uk ?
    there's lots of rock-y stuff there, mostly by sheila wilson, like hosanna rock, scrooge, rock the boat, crikey moses, prodigal rock
    the selfish giant is lovely too

5. Thanks very much for all the suggestions so far, all of which are new to me - just the kind of things I was after. Keep 'em coming!

6. I use Singing Express some fun songs which teaches good breathing control, pitch etc

7. You mentioned Songs for Every series from Out of the Ark Music - they also have other series for different age groups - curriculum songs like the My World Series for KS1, or French songs for KS2, History mini plays with songs in the That's What I call a class assembly books.

8. Looks like a bit of a company fest to me!!