1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Different Audiences

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by KaleidoscopeClassroom, Jan 23, 2017.

?

What kinds of resources would you like to see created to help you with students?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2017.
  1. readers theaters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. social studies content - famous people

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. fairy tale comprehension activities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. fable comprehension activities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. myths comprehension activities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. flipbooks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. close reading with informational passages

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. non fiction text about holidays with text-dependent questions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. other - email notsotypicalteachertpt@gmail.com with suggestions

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I am trying to get started on my store and want to make resources available to UK and US. I have a few so far and more to upload. I have a few questions.
    1. Do I need to do anything different to change my US resources to make them UK friendly or are they fine in US terms and standards/content?

2. What kinds of resources are requested the most? I have several readers theaters with comprehension activities, but have dabbled in several other things like point of view, holidays (Valentines, Black History, Christmas),language arts and social studies flipbooks, & myths. I just really am not sure what resources are needed. I want to create what people need. I know what I use in my classroom isn't what everyone uses.

3. Is there a certain core standards that the UK requires of their students? Where would be a reliable source to find them?

4. How do you determine the same price in pounds and dollars for the resources? I don't want to charge $3.00 for a resource US and then charge a different price to the UK buyers. I want to be fair.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I am excited and nervous about this journey but feel like it really could make a difference in my life and my family. Any questions or if you just want to connect with me, feel free to contact me at notsotypicalteachertpt@gmail.com

2. Tes_Natalie

Tes_Natalie New commenter

@KaleidoscopeClassroom We're so pleased to welcome you to TES! We'll drop you an email :) TES_Nat (TES Author Team)

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I would like to work with someone who could write really good lesson plans to go with the poems I've written, and lesson plans that will fit in well with the National Curriculum for both this country and the USA. Would you like to contact me?

4. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

UK spellings are important (eg colour, theatre), and using UK words too

5. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

maths NOT math! :)

6. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I switch my spell checking to US when making US products. It catches things I would have missed, like labelling and indorse