1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Die Wolke - German A2 literature

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by rosee, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Hi there!
    I was just wondering if anyone had read 'Die Wolke' by Gudrun Pausewang with their A Level group? I have just started it with my year 12 (going into 13) as I remember reading it at school and enjoying it. Now that we are getting into it, however, I have remembered how sad it is and am wondering if it was a good choice or not! Has anyone out there studied it with their groups and if so how did the students react to it? Am I being too sensitive?! Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Danke!

2. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Sad it may be, but I remember I couldn't put it down when I first read it! It should give students plenty to think about and debate.
    C

3. Hi
    I couldn't put it down when I first read it. It's a good read. Did you know that a film was made of it in 2006 and has been published on You Tube in 10 episodes each 10 minutes in length.
    It is very well made and I have used it even with a Y9 set 2 class with no sub-titles!
    Elaine