1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Didn't get job...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rachelpaula008, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Sorry to be self-absorbed. The college wants to keep my details as they 'were impressed' and would like to keep my details for possible future posts.

I've been professional and have thanked them and said yes, etc.

Have to admit to having a cry earlier and have now dried my tears. I need to deal with setbacks and rejection a little better though...

2. NobodyKnowstheTrouble

NobodyKnowstheTrouble New commenter

I was once approached by a school I had been unsuccessful at interview for a one-term temporary position that came up a few weeks later; ultimately, I was made permanent in this other position. Keep positive!

best wishes

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh how disappointing!

But despite what you say, you seem to be picking yourself up and dealing with it quite well. Lots of people shed a tear . . .

Eat up now!

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

4. rachelpaula008

Dear NowbodyKnowstheTrouble and TheoGriff.

Thank you for messages. Chocolate looks b l o o d y lovely.

xxxxx

5. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

I know how you feel.

I usually give myself an hour's grace and allow myself to have a moan/cry etc. Sometimes I just head to the gym and give the punch bag a good kick, other times a quick jog around the block.

At the moment a quick cuppa tea and a walk by the river does the job.

Good luck with the next one.

SAL

6. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Ack, sorry to read. :( But you're taking it with good grace, and I'm sure another job will come along, and you will be the right fit.

Have a nice glass of wine and watch some trash TV!

7. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh really disappointing. (I went through a long time of disappointments -talking years not months here.)

Yes allow yourself to feel disappointed ,it's only natural and then pick yourself up and go for the next one, using all you've learnt from those disappointments. After all that's what we expect our pupils/ students to do.

Try doing some of these with those left over tissues. [​IMG]

8. Siddz

Siddz New commenter

Rachelpaula, you are entitled to feel down about it! Keep going, though. The feedback sounds really positive. Hopefully you'll have your dream job soon!

9. rachelpaula008

Thank you everyone - you're very kind.

Love the flowers, Lara : )

10. Gsr25

Gsr25 Occasional commenter

Ah bless ya Rachelpaula, of course you're allowed to have a cry and a mope because it is soul destroying when you put all your enthusiasm in. On the upside you got to the interview stage and you got all that positive feedback so try to hold onto that and brush yourself down and move on. Good luck for the future.

11. rachelpaula008

Thank you Gsr25 - it's really good of you to take the time to post.

I asked for feedback and had an email this morning from the college with clear points, which was very helpful. I thought they were very supportive to take the time to reply.

Here's hoping for the next one!