1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DIdn't get it :(

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dizzymai, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

When it passed 6pm, I started to lose hope.
    I did a good lesson ("lovely" they said) and I was a "very good" candidate but the person who got the job was Outstanding in every way- *sigh*
    Feedback was that I didn't do anything wrong, my subject knowledge and lesson were great and I interviewed well so he couldn't tell me anything to improve......*sigh*. There were over 70 applicants apparently, so it was a very strong field.
    The other candidate was better. I thought I had a real chance because the interview was a dream, they really put me at ease and it was a very positive experience.
    But I'm getting better at this, I think. I've had an interview for every application so far!! And two are currently in cyberspace.....
    God this is hard, on top of a full time job too.
    I wore the hat, Lara. I really couldn't have done a better interview.

2. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

When it passed 6pm, I started to lose hope.
    I did a good lesson ("lovely" they said) and I was a "very good" candidate but the person who got the job was Outstanding in every way- *sigh*
    Feedback was that I didn't do anything wrong, my subject knowledge and lesson were great and I interviewed well so he couldn't tell me anything to improve......*sigh*. There were over 70 applicants apparently, so it was a very strong field.
    The other candidate was better. I thought I had a real chance because the interview was a dream, they really put me at ease and it was a very positive experience.
    But I'm getting better at this, I think. I've had an interview for every application so far!! And two are currently in cyberspace.....
    God this is hard, on top of a full time job too.
    I wore the hat, Lara. I really couldn't have done a better interview.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I really couldn't have done a better interview.
    So hang on to that for next time.
    On another I got the jpb thread JamiesMum says,
    "I didn't do much differently to my last unsuccessful interview, it's just that this school was The One."

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

That's good.
    It happens, it happens.
    So haven't you done well!
    Now just read what I have just told another unsuccessful poster:
    Dear Theo- didn't get the job what to make of feedback
    And start looking for the next job to apply for.
    Best wishes

5. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

That's really useful to know. (I've just read it). Makes sense. SOmeone just clicks in every way.
    I actually feel quite positive about today and feel that I'm getting better at this interviewing thing. I was more relaxed generally (this is number 2).
    I was a teeny bit unsure about the school, so they may have sniffed that.
    I've said it before but I'll say it again:
    Theo, Lara and the rest of you on here a lot (that's <u>a lot</u>, TG) are a really great support and this forum is such a fab resource.
    It's nearly FRIDAY too...................[​IMG]

6. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

So sorry to hear you didn't get the post, but wonderful you thought it went well.
    Next time you could meet the <strike>man</strike>, I mean school of your dreams (it does seem a bit like dating at times!)
    Well done on doing so well, fingers crossed next time you find 'The One' too xxx

7. Hi!
    You really do just have to keep going.
    I got my job on my third interview and genuinely think the experiences in the first two is what helped me in the third one.
    You are obviously doing and saying all the right things, so just KEEP AT IT!!!