1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

didnt get in, what next ...

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Cosmic_Rainbow, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

I agree with Sam, keep trying. I missed out on PGCE last year and so applied to any TA/LSA position i could find. I was gutted that i didnt get in and had to take a year out but now i have been accepted on to a pgce in september and feel soo much more confident and prepared after working in a school for a year. just look for the silver lining and use the next year to gain some school experience to make sure that you really do what to be a teacher.

2. Really sorry to hear that. Sure the last thing you want to hear is a 'chin up msg' but consider the positives. As you will have only just graduated time is on your side. Im only a prospective student myself so no great sage, but TA experience from what I hear would be very valuable. The other positive- there's nothing saying you have to stay in rainy old UK! why not pack your bags for sunny climes and do something with TEFL for example; adventure away plus relevant experience! Best of luck [​IMG]