1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DiDA Unit 3 Take it away

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dielow, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hi anyone doing this SPB?
    I've got to the packaging part where the students have to create packaging for their fast food shop.
    Here is the brief from the SPB

"You must design flat-pack cardboard packaging for a takeaway meal. The packaging must close securely without using glue or other fixings. It must be possible to make it from one net."

I'm struggling with this as are the kids - Not sure how to create packaging without using fixings or glue.

Anyone had any joy?
    Cheers

2. Hi anyone doing this SPB?
    I've got to the packaging part where the students have to create packaging for their fast food shop.
    Here is the brief from the SPB

"You must design flat-pack cardboard packaging for a takeaway meal. The packaging must close securely without using glue or other fixings. It must be possible to make it from one net."

I'm struggling with this as are the kids - Not sure how to create packaging without using fixings or glue.

Anyone had any joy?
    Cheers

3. Er..... First thing they must do is use the list of websites given in the SPB - http://www1.edexcel.org.uk/D203_SPB_0911_FINAL/html/SPB203Examples.htm
    Next - do some research - don't they eat takeaways?
    Get them to collect packaging - pizza boxes, chip boxes, sandwich packages, salad boxes etc, and bring them in.
    Shoe boxes.......
    Flatpack storage boxes from Ikea.........
    Google images.........
    Plenty to get started on especially if they are level 2!