1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DIDA Fair Deal

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by AG99, May 1, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    My students are just making the finishing touches to their fair deal project level 2.
    Quick question - there is a size limit of 30mb for each candidate, some of my students have exceeded that limit due to the size of their promotional movie.
    Does the promotional movie have to be embedded in the e-portfolio?
    If not, can moderators view the movie by clicking a link to a video sharing site?
    Does anyone have any ideas whats the best way to solve this dilemma? and can anyone recommend any sites to which students can upload their promotional movies too?
    Thanks in advance

2. Hi all,
    My students are just making the finishing touches to their fair deal project level 2.
    Quick question - there is a size limit of 30mb for each candidate, some of my students have exceeded that limit due to the size of their promotional movie.
    Does the promotional movie have to be embedded in the e-portfolio?
    If not, can moderators view the movie by clicking a link to a video sharing site?
    Does anyone have any ideas whats the best way to solve this dilemma? and can anyone recommend any sites to which students can upload their promotional movies too?
    Thanks in advance

3. It must be embedded in the eportfolio.
    I suggest they output the video at a different frame size and possibly frame rate, then write this up in their review and/or eportfolio commentaries. If they do this they should not lose any marks. it is usually design logs/write ups that produce big files due to images and screenshots - make sure they compress images in documents and look at saving files in different ways - does a design log save a smaller file as a pdf or ppt, etc. Also make sure they include no bloat in eportfolios ie unnecessary original files, etc.
    It's also worth checking that your system doen't leave hidden temp files in eportfolios, an issue I had last year when unit 1 eportfolios were showing up as 40+mb for no good reason.

Hope that's some help.