1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DiDA D205 Game Authoring Help

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by tonydstephens, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Thanks, Scratch does look like a good starting point but has received criticism from Edexcel after early game submissions for the DiDA unit failed to impress. I was thinking of going with Gamemaker Pro, but really wanted experiences of anyone teaching games authoring at GCSE. Does anyone else teach this unit?

2. Greenfoot (uses Java) is excellent if your pupils are up to it. There is a growing bank of excellent resources in the forum and the textbook is very good. Otherwise Scratch is ideal for a wide range of abilities if you select what you teach and what you ask pupils to do wisely. There are endless resources (apart from my own) to teach this - YouTube, the Scratch forum, download games from the Scratch website and examine the code, and of course step-by-step videos.
    Regards
    www.theteacher.info

3. I've just found this post when searching for information about linking my students' Scratch games to their index page. Is it OK to link to the game itself with all the code available, as we cannot export Scratch files as .exe? I'm waiting for an answer from Edexcel but want to crack on.
    Thanks in advance.