1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did you listen to Times Radio today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Morninglover, Jun 29, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

1. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Nope.

Guess I'll stick with Radio 4.

Morninglover likes this.
  3. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Yes, listening to it now. It’s a bit dry.

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Interesting that the article highlights the issue as "the lack of control local broadcasters have over interfaces designed by international tech companies that struggle to adapt to local needs." when actually the overriding issue is surely the decision to give your new radio station the same name as a radio station that already exists?

The story in itself is a rich seam of mirth to me, and you'd think to the Guardian too, so the fact of them not even mentioning this, I guess, is another example of Murdoch fear.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 12:14 PM
  5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Not a Murdoch fan so I'm sticking with R4 too.

red_observer and Morninglover like this.
  6. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

My husband said he tried to listen but they were interviewing Johnson at that moment so he had to switch it off. I do like John Pienaar, so might well tune in to listen to him.

7. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

You can't have too much ignorance.

8. Wilbur_Post

Wilbur_Post New commenter

They have just done an interview with the Malawi Times Radio, I thought it was a nice idea to do so. Sometimes when ****-ups happen you have to have a laugh about it.

9. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I'll stick to 5 Live

Morninglover likes this.
  10. Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed Established commenter

I'm quite enjoying this new channel.

For example I always liked Michael Portillo on 'This Week' and he has a slot at 7pm tonight - he is interviewing Gove including why Cummings is so important to the PM. This afternoon there was a Desert Island Crisp show - instead of music - what fave foods would you want to eat and Kathy Newman from Channel 4 is on at 4, she is smart.

11. Thisistheone

Thisistheone New commenter

So a radio version of the Sun newspaper?