1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did we ever get anywhere with a 6th form forum?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by pookyrobin, Jul 8, 2009.

1. I remember a request for a 6th form forum a while back. I am guessing we didn't get it. Or is it hiding somewhere.

2. Hello pookyrobin,
    There isn't a sixth form forum at the moment. But I'm happy to create one if lots of people would find it useful.
    If people would like a sixth form forum it would be great if you could post in here so we can see how popular it would be.
    Many thanks
    Gail

3. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

Hi Gail,
    I started a thread a while back. A Sixth Form strand would be really helpful, particularly with the massive Curriculum changes and expansion of Post 16 education.
    Remember, Sixth Forms are not just about A-levels - we need to discuss issues such as Enrichment, diplomas, extended projects, community service, vertical tutoring, dealing with difficult students, developing subject teaching to include Afl, PTLS, UCAS, personal statements, emptional issues, how to structure a Sixth Form, OFSTEd etc etc.
    What I'm trying to say is that Sixth Form issues are not always the same as other strands e.g. Secondary.
    Sixth Forms across the country are bulging at the seams - I think you would get quite a bit of forum post if you offered it.
    Thanks,
    Love, Ferris [​IMG]

4. I have had a sixth form tutor group for the last four years (not the same one obviously!) and would certainly be interested in using a specific sixth form forum.

5. Thanks for your reply Gail. I'm sure people would be keen to have one.
    Tessers, please put a comment on this thread if you would like a 6th form forum.
    Thanks

6. I'd love a Sixth Form forum - with all the changes post-16, and with the fresh challenges educating sixth form, it'd be dead useful.

7. I work in a Sixth Form College and it would be great to have a forum specifically for discussing post-16 issues.

8. I would love a specific 6th form forum. Teach mostly 6th form and also form teacher to Year 13.

9. I teach mainly sixth form, IB and A level - I would like somewhere to discuss the wider issues of sixth form teaching and mentoring.

10. peterdevon

peterdevon New commenter

great idea - yes please

11. Yes please

12. Bumping this to see if anyone else is interested.

13. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Me too, but not because I teach sixth form. As a parent it would be nice to have somewhere to post questions about sixth form matters.

14. I would like a forum for Sixth Form matters please.

15. ferrisbueller

ferrisbueller New commenter

Glad to see this thread has been revived [​IMG]

16. Me too.

17. Still would like one please!

18. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

Yes - would like one.

19. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

I would like a forum as well

20. Caity52