1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did that student just say that?....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jet786, Jun 12, 2010.

1. We have all been there at some point, hearing things from students that make us just pause and wonder, and no I am not talking about anything like swearing or bad....
    just those moments when you wonder did they really just say that?.....[:S]
    For example...
    Student 1 : I have an on-line girlfriend, for real
    Student 2: I bet it’s a man...
    Student 1: But what if she’s hot?
    (So glad the end of the year is coming up)

2. We have all been there at some point, hearing things from students that make us just pause and wonder, and no I am not talking about anything like swearing or bad....
    just those moments when you wonder did they really just say that?.....[:S]
    For example...
    Student 1 : I have an on-line girlfriend, for real
    Student 2: I bet it’s a man...
    Student 1: But what if she’s hot?
    (So glad the end of the year is coming up)

3. Oh, these are endless.
    To start with, when discussing setting, what can we see while sitting at the train station?
    Pupil A: A lady getting of the train with her double d 40s. (year 4!)

Girls sniggering over pictures of roman statues with penises.
    Teacher: Come on girls, all boys have them.
    Male pupil A: I don't!
    Teacher later pulls said boy aside, to explain what she had been talking about.
    Male pupil A: Yeah I know, I don't have one.

4. Actually, I got the first quote wrong, it should read
    "Double D perkies"

5. I overheard a pupil telling her friend her mum was taking her to get a tattoo that weekend.

She was a first year, aged approx 12. Ghastly.

6. aaaaw.... poor soul!

7. Apparently someone has not taken Biology yet....[​IMG]

8. Was riding in a bus the other day with a group of yr7's on a field trip when I heard a voice yell "I need to eat a beaver!" - inwardly cringing I turned around expecting the inevitable and as I did so heard the same voice shout "because it saves trees!"
    Moral of the story: You don't always get what you expect from students....and have to love the innocence of Yr 7's (at least some of them!)

9. You have to love the innocence of some teachers

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I have a novelty sandwich box that looks like a huge Lego brick.

One day I was munching my lunch and some older girls came into the room.

"Nice lunchbox sir" remarked one of them cheerily.

To quote the late great Eric Morecambe, there's no answer to that.

11. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

12. My daughter and her two friends were standing outside their Spanish classroom, debating whether or not the teacher in the room was their Spanish teacher or a sub. They could only see him from behind.
    One of them commented that it couldn't be their teacher as the man in the room had too much hair, to be their Spanish teacher.
    A voice from behind them said, "Ah girls are we discussing Mr Spanish teacher's bald spot?"
    They turned round to discover the HT standing behind them laughing (he also has a bald spot).
    He just laughed and walked on, but they were absolutely affronted!!

13. Oooh, I want a Lego lunchbox - but not like the one in the picture.

14. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I've so stolen that picture lurk much, kudos for finding it.....i won't ask what your searh terms were ;)

15. CarrieV

CarrieV Senior commenter

One of my year 5's on hearing that Sex Ed sessions would be beginning soon
    "Miss, do you teach us about what happens when we grow up"
    "yes, I do"
    "And do we have to practice?"

Stunned silence from the class!

16. I had that from my year 7's, it is surprising what they come out with. Last time we did Sex Ed sessions ( i am not their teacher for that) i was sitting at my desk marking work then i heard a voice from the back of the class " miss, is that how your pregnant" the poor teacher started to laugh and i had to have a giggle myself because they are not embarrassed to say anything :)

17. Trying to explain to a Year7 skills class about knowing how you fancy someone e.g. that you might get butterflies in your stomach or want to be around them lots.

Yr 7 boy: No miss. My.... just gets hard....

I am rarely lost for words but this one was a killer!

18. My new favourite regarding an impending camping trip:

"If (so-and-so) isn't coming I'm not sharing a tent on my own!"

19. We had a FS2 boy upon having already being asked twice to stop cycling the bike around the outdoor area and put it away responded to the third time of asking by climbing off the bike with a big impatient sigh, throwing down the bike and saying, "Yeah. 'cos I'm just pissing about aren't I?"

20. bacardibreezer

bacardibreezer New commenter

Not said, but written - but still funny: Y11 (who handed in coursework past the deadline so did not get opportunity to put this right) on Romeo and Juliet - referred to the Capulets throughout as the 'Copulates'!