1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did Sports Relief reach your school?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cuteinpuce, Mar 18, 2016.

1. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

We did the Sports Relief Mile (mainly due to one determined member of staff who organised everything.) The children enjoyed it; it raised a bit of money for a good cause. I'm not sure there were any downsides.

2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

We did the sports relief mile but also sold cakes at break time. Not sure if the two went together. I bought a cake instead of running.

3. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

We did a carousel of different multi sports activities. Whole school outside most of morning. Blimmin freezing but good fun had by all and a fair amount of money raised through donations.

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Very sporting of you - that's near enough.

5. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

My year 9 daughter had to run a mile today and donate a pound for the privilege. She suggested to her teacher paying double NOT to run but was knocked back on that one :)

midnight_angel likes this.
  6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

All we ended up doing in my last few years was fail at Rock Challenge.

7. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I think better of you for failing.

8. samsamr

samsamr New commenter

We had the bucket going around and a PE day.

9. samsamr

samsamr New commenter

Best combination ever.:)

10. Odo

Odo New commenter

I work in FE.

The sports/public services staff organised a 2 mile run along the riverbank at our campus. I walked!!!!

There was then a campus 'bake off' organised, which I judged with a colleague who makes wedding cakes. It was a hard job - but someone had to do it!!! :)

11. samsamr

samsamr New commenter

If you like cake it is not a hard job!

Odo likes this.
  12. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

They did a mufti day with kids paying a pound, there were sports activities in break and lunch time...

If every kid paid up that's £1000 odd raised.

13. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Sports themed activities all day. We raised £500.

14. Odo

Odo New commenter

I love cake, but we had a heck of a lot of entries to chomp through and some tasted pretty disgusting. Both students and staff had put a lot of effort into the various classes and I was caked (and biscuited) out by the end of the judging session.

15. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We told our kids they could wear trainers on Friday for a contribution of 20p. 4 kids in my form came in trainers so they raised 80p