1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did Race for Life today

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ceinwyn, Jul 10, 2011.

1. 35 mins. Knackered now. [​IMG]

2. Well done [​IMG]

3. Well done!
    Maybe regencyrob or whatever he is called, who was so bored today, could take a leaf out of your book and do something like that.

4. In fact, I am going to link this thread to his.

5. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Nice one!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well done, ceinwyn. How did you find it? I'm vaguely thinking about trying out a bit of running...

7. Haven't done any running for over 20 years, but I'm warming to it again. It's better when it starts to get easier, and I can actually breathe!
    Managed to run the whole 5km, but it was hard work, because you have to keep fighting your way around the people who have stopped to walk! Why do groups of people have to form a line across the route when they want to stop for a walk!
    The event was pretty good, and well organised as usual, but I'm not going to do it again. £15 to register is too steep when you consider how many companies are named as sponsors. The 'goody bags' are rubbish, and a waste of time. Stop those, and make it cheaper to enter.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've never done any running but have been doing circuits which include a minute's jogging (twice). I'm considering trying one 5k before I'm too old just so's I can say I've done it. I'm not sure I'd pay that much though!

9. You can sign up with charities - they will often pay the entrance fee for you and also provide you with a training plan.
    If you are not used to running, I would start with a 3k and build up from there (if you enjoy it).

10. I agree, 5k is a big one to start with - it's 3.1 miles in old money (that point-1 is the killer!)
    Seren, maybe you could organise your own event, for a local charity.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'd be the world's worst person to organise a run!
    My biggest problem would be finding somewhere flat enough as I still struggle a wee bit with hills. I can walk briskly for miles without a problem but put a wee slope in and I'm stuffed. I know 5k is easily manageable for a walk as I do that fairly regularly now but running would be a different proposition altogether.

12. Then start with a 3k fun run. If you can't run all of it, walk bits of it. Build up gradually.