1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Did I imagine it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rooney1, Sep 21, 2020.

1. rooney1

rooney1 Occasional commenter

Earlier today I am sure that I saw some news items about Boris Johnson going to Puglia in September for his son's baptism. I think it was on Huffpost and the Guardian among others and No. 10 had denied it. Now these items seem to have disappeared. Strange.

2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Perugia.
    Not Puglia. Maybe you need your eyesigh....ach, stuff it, that one's old now.

You'll find his trip suggested or confirmed in lots of the papers still.
    And Twitter.
    And on his boarding pass.

Curiously yes, it has gone from the BBC where I saw it early this morning. Which does not make it more suspicious at all, does it?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    jellycowfish and Sally006 like this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Can we isolate him? Maybe cut him off from the country?

Cut the phone lines, dampen the 4G signal, soundproof walls... he can stay in that room and shout "lockdown" to his hearts content.

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

How about we get him to go up on a zip wire above central London in his suit and then somehow rig it so that he gets stuck up there for fourteen days?
    This would in effect be the same as your suggested isolation, since a British Public seeing him in this farcical position would never support him in moving a step further forward in his career!

5. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Still being referred to in The Guardian, albeit reporting No10's denial.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ports-boris-johnson-went-on-secret-italy-trip

6. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Westminster Cathedral has confirmed that baby Wilfred was baptised in London by Father Daniel Humphreys (Acting Administrator of the Cathedral) on the day that the Italian press claimed the PM had gone to Italy.

7. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

The airport mixed him up with Tony Blair!